Poisoning

Mushroom poisoning

Mushroom poisoning most often occurs due to the fact that people do not know that this mushroom is poisonous. You can get poisoned by chewing the stem or leaf of poisonous plants. Poisoning in children are most frequently. However, there is a high risk of poisoning among fans of mushrooms. Some plant poisons are potent.

Symptoms

  • Vomiting, constipation, heaviness in the stomach. These symptoms may occur immediately after eating poisonous plants or a few hours later.
  • Blurred vision and dizziness.
  • Frequent or rare pulse.
  • Raising or lowering the temperature.
  • Shortness of breath, heart pain, heaviness and limbs and paralysis.
  • Loss of consciousness (in severe exposure).

How do plant poisons act on the human body?

Some plants cause poisoning in one touch. They contain toxic substances that enter the body through the skin and mucous membranes. However, the toxic substances contained in the most poisonous mushrooms and berries begin to act after eating them for food. Toxic plants depend on the time of year, place of growth, time of day. In different parts of the plant concentration of the poison is different. Typically, the largest number contained in its rhizome, or fruit. People react to the venom in different ways: the dose, from which the child can die for an adult would be completely harmless.

Treatment

Only in a few cases of mushroom poisoning is treated by the introduction of an antidote. Most often, it is possible only reducing symptoms caused by poisoning (i.e., symptomatic treatment). Self-poisoning treated is unacceptable (except for necessary action on first aid).

Poisonous mushrooms

Of course, edible mushrooms much more than toxic. In nature, there are hundreds of species of edible mushrooms, only about 20 poisonous. Fatal poisoning is only 5 species of edible mushrooms. The most dangerous of them are amanita and death cup.

Stinky mushroom

These mushrooms are extremely poisonous enough to eat 50 grams, and die. It contains two potent poisons – amanitin and phalloidin. First of all, they affect the liver, destroying its fabric. Phalloidin starts to act within a few hours, and amanitin – only 2-8 days after consumption. Amanita is dangerous precisely because of the slow acting amanitin. In most cases, the poisoning is diagnosed too late, when the patient’s life can not be saved.

Other poisonous mushrooms

Cortinarius orellanus are poisonous as well as amanita. They contain orellanin which acts on the kidneys. The fact that this mushroom is poisonous, it became known only in the 1950 year, when Poland was registered in a mass poisoning by this fungus.

Amanitin is contained in the honey-like galerine bordered or softwood russula. In its toxicity it is comparable to the green amanita. Unknown poisons are also contained in Paxillus involutus. Danger to life may occur if you eat even small amounts of this fungus. Paxillus involutus after heat treatment at first does not cause poisoning. However, after eating the mushrooms in the human body formed antibodies, their re-eaten can result in poisoning. Symptoms of mushroom poisoning are similar to symptoms of leukemia. Poisoning can lead to death.

If you suspect a mushroom poisoning should immediately call an ambulance. It is necessary to induce vomiting. If a person is unconscious, it can not cause vomiting. Vomit you want to keep – they can help determine the cause of poisoning.